Monday, June 1, 2009

Stamping

I've been cutting some stamps with plumber's rubber gaskets. I read about this in the last issue of "Quilting Arts" magazine, article "Printing Blocks" by Cynthia St. Charles. Her blog www.cynthiastcharles.com shows examples of some of her work. Fantastic!!

Below is a white PFD fabric that I practiced on. I used Seta Color transparency paint, opaque paint and Distress Ink pads with rubber gasket stamps, speedball speedy cut stamps, safety kut stamps, and magic foam.


I kind of got carried away in cutting out stamps. Its rather addictive.

Using some hand-dyed fabric, I stamped negative stamps onto the fabric.



I love how the dyed fabric shows through giving added interest.

Another piece stamped on the diagonal with some leaf stamps.


This was so fun I'm going to continue. Maybe a quilt idea will come to me.

1 comment:

cat in tassie said...

Looks like you've had some fun here. I'm curious to see where you take these designs from here. Will definitely have to check back.