Monday, June 29, 2009

Bleach Discharge Session

Last weeks fabric dyeing led to bleach discharging this week. I used a bleach pen, spray mister, and stencils on the fabrics below.




Then I folded fabrics, dipped the folds in bleach solution, the dark areas are the original fabric. Squiggles were made with a bleach pen, and a sprayed over stencil were done on the bottom fabrics.





I then tried using a commercial batik. The left is the original, the right was discharged with a bleach pen.

Each fabric was a surprise when discharged, didn't know what color any of the fabrics would change to. All were happy surprises.

At our guild meeting Tuesday, my students from the Beginner Hand-Dyeing class brought in their fabrics for show and tell. I think they're happy with the results.


No comments: