Friday, June 19, 2009

Result from stamping

This is a quilt that developed from my playing with the stamps I made.


I stamped a ripple design onto a tie-dyed fabric I had made a while ago that was added to my stash. I then stamped a small fish onto the left side, stenciled a larger fish with metalic paints on the right side, and in the middle used foil to make the largest fish. I fused some rocks and reeds on and used some thread trash to make the cattails.
Yes...... I save the thread knots from my washed fabric.

I used the ripple stamp as my quilting design and quilted it with glitter thread from Superior Thread.
I'm happy how this quilt developed from one stamp.

4 comments:

Chris Predd said...

it's delightful, Susan. Nice flow, colors, love the quilting and foil fish.

pcoxdesign said...

Great piece! One stamp? Amazing!

pcoxdesign said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D. Wink said...

I bought this quilt today. I love it! Please post the next event you will be at.. I would love to see more!