Friday, May 22, 2009

Finished hosta quilt

I've been working on the machine quilting of my hosta quilt. I quilted in veins on each of the leaves in 100 weight silk threads to match each of the leaves. Here's a detailed picture of a couple of the leaves.


I did a stipple stitch on the pieced background.
Next, I did a curvy in and out design for the mulch.




I finished the edges with a facing. Directions are on Grace Knowles blog http://www.barnyardchatter.wordpress.com/

I've said this before, her directions are precise and clear, and the results are great.

Here's a picture of the finished quilt.



5 comments:

Carol said...

Susan - quilt looks great! -Carol

Norma Schlager said...

It is stunning! Your quilting is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for alerting me.

cat in tassie said...

Definitely stunning, as Norma said! A beautiful plant, and your quilt certainly does it justice.

Grace said...

Love this piece...so vibrant!

BTW, thanks for the referral to my facings tutorial.

. said...

I LOVE the quilt. As a hosta collector and quilter, I think your design perfectly melds the two.

Did you work from a published pattern or create one of your own?