Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Quilt

Earlier this summer I dyed fabrics in 2 diferent color runs, blue/violet and yellow/green. I used various combinations of blue - sky blue, cobalt, electric blue and grape, reds - chinese red, light red, fire red, and fushia, yellow - lemon yellow and golden yellow, and black to get a large variety of hues and values of each color.
These fabrics were sewn to create a pieced background. The blocks were arranged to form a light source coming from the top left down to the bottom right. To me piecing the background gives more subtlty of the value changes.
The focus of the quilt is an old stone smoke house. Pictures were taken and enlarged for my pattern.
I want the house to look very dimensional and have been making samples of different tehniques to get this effect.
Return for the results.

No comments: