Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Falling Petals

SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Association) is going to have an online auction starting September 12,2011. They are accepting quilts that are a maximum of 12" x 12" and you must be a member. The proceeds go towards funding travel exhibits, catalogs, and out reach programs.

I haven't been a member for that long, a little over a year, and felt that entering a quilt was a good way to help support the group.

Below is the quilt I entered.


I used 4 crazy patch blocks that I meander quilted, gessoed, then stenciled a leaf branch over. Around the branch I stitched on small silk flowers with a bead in each center to hold them on. I stitched veins in each leaf with a lighter shade of green thread to make them stand out.


A detail of it is below.




Go to www.saqa.com for more details on the auction and how you can bid on one of the many quilts for sale.

1 comment:

Claude Larson said...

Nice piece. Hopefully the auction will be a success and you will be counted amongst the contributors of all this good stuff we are so addicted to.