Friday, January 28, 2011

Finishing Up

The snow-dyeing fabrics are finally rinsed and pressed, (that's what took me so long). I loved how the green and red turned out and will be quickly used in a quilt I'm starting.

The blue and yellow came out good but would have liked more mixing of green.

The 3 layer parfaits are great. The first two layers came out with mixture of colors and the third layer was the combo of red and blue, not a wow!! fabric but will be useful.
Its much easier doing the parfait layers with low-water immersion and I think thats how I'll continue to do them.
I have also been busy quilting. I finished a few quilts that have been sitting around waiting to be quilted.
This started out with monoprinting on a gelatin mold 2 summers ago. Added some turquoise hand-dyes and 1/2 square triangles.

Next is a sunprint of assorted leaves. I added bias stems to separate the leaves, then traced the leaves for applique. I offset the applique leaves on the sunprinted fabric to create dimension.


Tomorrow I have to get started quilting a baby quilt for my grand niece. She's due to be born any day now. Will show pictures when finished.

No comments: