Monday, August 3, 2009

Painting Saturday

I mixed up some Seta Color paints Saturday to sun-print fabric. Last year I sun-printed some leaves on orange painted fabric but never used it. So now I mixed some orange, red-orange and red-violet and painted, then added some salt to give some texture. This will work well with last years fabric.


Next I used two blues, ultra-marine and cobalt. I painted it onto fabric and added salt.


Using moss green, blue-violet and purple, I streaked it on then added some leaves and sun-printed.

Another fabric I painted red and red-violet, put washers on the top and sun-printed.



Last I tried using a light green batik fabric, painted over with turquoise, laid down leaves and sun-printed.


I did the same thing with this piece but used a dark green paint.


I really like the look of the added salt. It gives a lot of texture to the fabric. The leaves that were sun-printed are just fun.
It was a productive day and a fun technique.

3 comments:

Arlene Delloro said...

I really like the results you got here. Such beautiful colors with subtle designs. Gorgeous!

JYA Fiberarts said...

You have reminded me that if I want to do some sun printing, I better get to it! Your results are lovely!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love the sunprinted ones. I have done a lot of that technique.
Have a quilt top on my blog that I used the sunprinted fabric for. Really like your addition of the salt.