Friday, April 17, 2009

Just Started Blogging



I have fin--ally decided to blog. Hopt to keep your interest in how I work with photos and techniques.



I just got a letter in the mail from Studio Channel Islands Art Center in Camarillo, California that I've been accepted into their show. I'm soooo excited!!! This is my first time exhibiting in an Art Center. Before sending the quilt out, here is a picture and close up of the quilt "Hall's Pond".
I used various hand-dyed fabrics of my own to make the stones and reeds and fused them onto the pieced background of commerical batiks. Raw-edged applique was used as a quilting design. The piece is 12" X 12".

1 comment:

Carol said...

Susan - the blog looks great! The quilt looks wonderful online too - congratulations on being accepted into the Studio Channel Islands Art Center Show! I know you will do well! - Carol